Thursday, November 19, 2009

Soap Opera's =] November 19, 2009



I am sure when most people hear the words "Soap Opera" they think of a romantic show that there grandma or mom watched. I have to say that I am guilty of watching one "Soap." My favorite is Days of Our Lives. Days has been on the aired on NBC almost everyday since 1965! My grandma has watched this show since it started and got me hooked too. In the beginning when I was younger I really did not like the show. But I think I was 14 when I became hooked. Shortly after I started watching my little sisters started watching. My youngest sister Lyndsey was 9 when she started watching. Looking back on it I am not sure what my parents were thinking letting a 9 year old watching a Soap Opera but now all three of us are hooked.

Soap Operas are romantic dramas that were started as radio shows in the 50's. They have story lines that you would not believe. Baby drama, murders, major family issues and of course love stories. Most soaps are on daily, I know that Days of Our Lives is at least. I am not really sure why soaps are so addicting but they are. I think that they are designed to make people forget their actual real life problems and they enter all of these story lines that can be so tragic. They are peoples daily escape from real life. At least this is what I tell myself that they were designed to do, everyday I get to leave my world and enter the town of Salem with all my friends from the Days of Our Lives cast. If you want to see what I'm talking about try watching Days one day, its on NBC weekdays at one :) You might surprise yourself and fall in love with all of the drama too!

No comments:

Post a Comment