Thursday, December 10, 2009

PEACE =] December 10, 2009

PEACE : a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors. (According to dictionary.com)

I love peace signs! It is my absolute favorite symbol. You probably have noticed in class that I wear lots of shirts and accessories that have peace signs on them. I thought that seeing the design of a peace sign would be a interesting topic for me to blog about so here it goes...

According to Wikipedia: This internationally know sign was first used in the British nuclear disarmament movement. It was created on February 21, 1958 by Gerald Holtom.

This symbol of peace has been around for a very long time and still carries as much meaning today as it did back then. I think that it has become so popular recently because of the War in Iraq. I also think that people like the thought of living in peace. So much of our lives are so stressful and if we wear peace signs on our clothing and jewelry maybe it will remind us how important peace is to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment