Thursday, December 10, 2009

Adoption =] December 10, 2009

The picture above is Chad and the picture below is Kaitlyn holding Ian!

I few weeks ago I had the opportunity to witness pure magic!!! My best friend Kaitlyn had invited me to go with her to the airport to see her new baby cousins Ian and Chad come home from Africa. Her Aunt Stori and Uncle Jamey have just adopted two little boy from Africa. In my opinion adoption is designed to give children the life that they truly deserve. It is one of the nicest things a person can do. Opening your home and family to children that need to be loved is one of the greatest acts of kindness a person can do. Being in the airport when their whole family was being united was one of the most amazing moments I have ever witnessed. Those little boys lives are going to be changed forever because of all the love that Jamey and Stori; Livia and Parker (their older children) and the rest of Kaitlyn's family will fill them with.

While we were waiting in the airport for the plane to land, they started talking about the conditions that these African children are living in and to be honest it made me want to cry. These children get one meal a day; rice or beans. They learn how to communicate at very young ages because they know that unless they make their presense known they will be ignored. They do not know the exact ages of the boys because there are no birth certificates. They think that Chad is 18 months old and Ian is 8 months old, its hard to tell because they are both really small for their ages. They were found and taken in by the orphanage that Jamey and Stori had heard of from a friend that had also adopted a little boy from. Hearing these stories and then finally seeing these little boys just warmed my heart. These children that are over there suffering did not do anything to deserve the life they have been given. Most of these children are orphaned because of their parents dying from disease.

I know that when I am older and ready to start a family I know that I want to adopt. I know that I have so much love in my heart that I would be a perfect person to adopt children like Ian and Chad. Just looking into their eyes when I saw them in the airport you could tell that they were finally happy and I think that they knew that they were home and they were finally where they were supposed to be. Jamey and Stori are amazing people with very big hearts, they both people that I look up to and hope that one day I can create that same magical feeling in someone else like they did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment