Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Movie Posters: NEW MOON :) September 16, 2009

I absolutely love going to the movie theater and seeing new movies!!  When I go I always check out all the different movie posters that they have on display.  People look at the poster to try to determine if the movie would be worth paying $10 to go and see.  So the design and look of these posters really makes a difference.  I am a huge Twilight fan so that is why I picked the New Moon poster to look at.  Most Twilight fans have read the books so the poster really makes since.  The movie is going to be Bella's struggle to decide who she really loves and cares about.. Edward or Jacob?! I think that the poster does a good job of showing this.  If you have not read the book New Moon then this poster might be a little harder at understand but if you saw the first movie then you would at least know who all of the characters are... and you would know that this movie is just continuing the story line from the first movie. Overall, I really like this poster and I cannot wait to see this movie in November! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Movie posters -- a great subject for a blogging critique. What makes a mediocre, good or great movie poster? Are there different design considerations that might apply to movie posters where the content is well known from a book? What about when the content is unknown? Should we use different design strategies?
    S. Mannheimer

    ReplyDelete